Jump to Main Content
- Cardina John; Herms Catherine P.; Doohan Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...
- Amador-Ramirez Mario D.; Wilson Robert G.; Martin Alex R.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.3 pp. 370-377
- Amaranthus retroflexus; Chenopodium album; Panicum miliaceum subsp. ruderale; Phaseolus vulgaris; Solanum physalifolium var. nitidibaccatum; Solanum sarrachoides; canopy; disturbed soils; dry beans; equations; ethalfluralin; field experimentation; growing season; heat sums; hoeing; in-row tillage; seedling emergence; seedlings; weeds
- ... Field experiments were conducted in 1996 and 1997 to evaluate the effect of EPTC (S-ethyl dipropyl carbamothioate) plus ethalfluralin at 2.4 plus 0.83 kg ai ha⁻⁻¹, rotary hoeing, in-row cultivation, rotary hoeing plus in-row cultivation, and dry bean canopy on weed seedling emergence. Cumulative weed emergence in 1996 and 1997 was similar in cropped and noncropped areas. Herbicides were more effec ...