Jump to Main Content
- Brent P. Murphy; Alvaro S. Larran; Bruce Ackley; Mark M. Loux; Patrick J. Tranel
- Weed science 2019 v.67 no.3 pp. 296-302
- Amaranthus palmeri; Amaranthus retroflexus; Amaranthus tuberculatus; atrazine; crop production; gene amplification; glyphosate; glyphosate resistance; growers; growing season; lactofen; monitoring; mutation; resistance mechanisms; screening; surveys; weeds; Ohio
- ... Herbicide resistance within key driver weeds, such as common waterhemp [Amaranthus tuberculatus (Moq.) Sauer var. rudis (Sauer) Costea and Tardif ], constrains available management options for crop production. Routine surveillance for herbicide resistance provides a mechanism to monitor the development and spread of resistant populations over time. Furthermore, the identification and quantificatio ...
- Cardina John; Herms Catherine P.; Doohan Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...