Jump to Main Content
- Chauhan, PrakramSingh; Goradia, Bindi; Saxena, Arunika
- 3 Biotech 2017 v.7 no.5 pp. 323
- aromatic compounds; bacteria; biobleaching; bioremediation; biosensors; decolorization; dyes; fabrics; fungi; industrial applications; laccase; oxidation; pH; plants (botany); pollutants; pulp; temperature
- ... Laccases (benzenediol: oxygen oxidoreductase, EC 184.108.40.206) are multi-copper enzymes which catalyze the oxidation of a wide range of phenolic and non-phenolic aromatic compounds in the presence or absence of a mediator. Till date, laccases have mostly been isolated from fungi and plants, whereas laccase from bacteria has not been well studied. Bacterial laccases have several unique properties that ...
- Ping, Lifeng; Zhang, Chunrong; Cui, He; Yuan, Xiaoli; Cui, Juntao; Shan, Shengdao
- 3 Biotech 2017 v.7 no.5 pp. 309
- Pseudomonas monteilii; bacteria; bioremediation; half life; liquids; nucleotide sequences; pH; paddy soils; polluted soils; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; temperature
- ... Pseudomonas monteilii PL5 (PL5) was newly isolated from soil sample and was identified by 16S rDNA sequence analysis. The strain PL5 had a high potential to degrade pyrene (PYR) in both liquid solution and soil and was able to degrade 51.8% of PYR at 25 °C and pH 7.0 condition within 10 days. At 25 °C, the ability of strain PL5 to degrade PYR at different pH values followed the following order pH ...