Jump to Main Content
- Kaur, Kuljit; Sharma, Vikas; Singh, Vijay; Wani, MohammadSaleem; Gupta, RaghbirChand
- 3 Biotech 2016 v.6 no.2 pp. 156
- genetic analysis, etc ; Bayesian theory; Tribulus terrestris; alleles; genetic markers; genetic variance; genetic variation; germplasm; microsatellite repeats; population structure; tropics; variance; India; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Tribulus terrestris L., commonly called puncture vine and gokhru, is an important member of Zygophyllaceae. The species is highly important in context to therapeutic uses and provides important active principles responsible for treatment of various diseases and also used as tonic. It is widely distributed in tropical regions of India and the world. However, status of its genetic diversity remained ...
- Maryam,; Jaskani, Muhammad Jafar; Awan, Faisal Saeed; Ahmad, Saeed; Khan, Iqrar A.
- 3 Biotech 2016 v.6 no.1 pp. 22
- genetic analysis, etc ; Phoenix dactylifera; alleles; breeding; cultivars; dioecy; females; flowering; genetic markers; heterozygosity; homozygosity; loci; male plants; males; microsatellite repeats; parents; plantlets; progeny; seedlings; trees; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Microsatellite markers containing simple sequence repeats (SSRs) are a valuable tool for genetic analysis. Date palm is a dioecious and slow flowering and is very difficult to identify the gender of the trees until it reaches the reproductive age (5–10 years). A total of 12 microsatellite primers were used with 30 date palm samples, 14 parents (8 male + 6 females) and 16 progeny (developed from pa ...