Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Ashwani, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2015 v.5 no.3 pp. 261-269
- Listeria monocytogenes; agarose; dairy products; gels; genes; hybridization probes; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; virulence
- ... The efficacy of six different sets of primers targeted against 16S rRNA and virulence genes such as ‘iap’, ‘hly’ and ‘prf’ was evaluated in separate PCR assays. The primer pairs targeted against 16S rRNA resulted into amplification of 1.2 kb PCR product. However, sets of primers targeted against different regions of ‘iap’ produced 371 and 660 bp PCR products, respectively. The primer pair targeted ...
- Kumar, Ashwani, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2015 v.5 no.3 pp. 237-243
- Escherichia coli; benzoic acid; desulfurization; metabolites; models; organic sulfur compounds; petroleum; sulfides
- ... Several organosulfur compounds are present in the crude oil, and are required to be removed before its processing into transport fuel. For this reason, biodesulfurization of thiophenic compounds has been studied extensively. However, studies on the sulfide compounds are scarce. In this paper, we describe desulfurization of a model sulfidic compound, dibenzyl sulfide (DBS) by an isolated Gordonia s ...