Jump to Main Content
- Soumya, K. R.; Philip, Suja; Sugathan, Sheela; Mathew, Jyothis; Radhakrishnan, E. K.
- 3 Biotech 2017 v.7 no.2 pp. 140
- cross infection, etc ; Staphylococcus epidermidis; biofilm; biogeography; chemical composition; coagulase negative staphylococci; gene frequency; genes; genotype; human diseases; lifestyle; monitoring; multiple drug resistance; polymerase chain reaction; virulence; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Infections caused by commensal organisms by changing to infectious life style generate much challenge to the current treatment strategies. Coagulase Negative Staphylococci (CoNS) are one of them, with their coexisting biofilm forming and multiple antibiotic resistance properties form important agents of nosocomial infection. To evaluate species distribution, biofilm formation, and antibiogram, CoN ...
- Soumya, K.R.; Sugathan, Sheela; Mathew, Jyothis; Radhakrishnan, E.K.
- 3 Biotech 2016 v.6 no.2 pp. 233
- cross infection, etc ; Staphylococcus epidermidis; antibiotic resistance; coagulase negative staphylococci; genes; humans; methicillin; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; screening; sequence analysis; virulence; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci (MRCoNS) are major nosocomial pathogens which cause device-related infections. Presence of various virulence factors along with methicillin resistance favor improved CoNS pathogenicity and their dissemination among population. In the present study, mec gene prevalence was analyzed along with SCC mec diversity among 55 human clinical CoNS isola ...