Jump to Main Content
- Persson, Maria; Lorite, Gabriela S.; Cho, Sung-Woo; Tuukkanen, Juha; Skrifvars, Mikael
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2013 v.5 no.15 pp. 6864-6872
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; atomic force microscopy; fabrics; fiber quality; hydroxyapatite; mechanical properties; melting; polylactic acid; scanning electron microscopy; spinning
- ... Composite fibers from poly(lactic acid) (PLA) and hydroxyapatite (HA) particles were prepared using melt spinning. Different loading concentrations of HA particles (i.e., 5, 10, 15, and 20 wt %) in the PLA fibers and solid-state draw ratios (SSDRs) were evaluated in order to investigate their influence on the fibers’ morphology and thermal and mechanical properties. A scanning electron microscopy ...
- Jithendra, Panneerselvam; Rajam, Abraham Merlin; Kalaivani, Thambiran; Mandal, Asit Baran; Rose, Chellan
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2013 v.5 no.15 pp. 7291-7298
- Aloe vera; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; biodegradability; cell culture; cell growth; chemical interactions; collagenase; differential scanning calorimetry; fibroblasts; fluorescence microscopy; hydrophilicity; microstructure; pH; phosphates; polystyrenes; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; tensile strength; thermal stability; thermogravimetry; tissue culture; tissue engineering; toxicity
- ... Collagen–Chitosan (COL-CS) scaffolds supplemented with different concentrations (0.1–0.5%) of aloe vera (AV) were prepared and tested in vitro for their possible application in tissue engineering. After studying the microstructure and mechanical properties of all the composite preparations, a 0.2% AV blended COL-CS scaffold was chosen for further studies. Scaffolds were examined by Fourier transfo ...