Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Hanzheng; Guo, Jing; Baker, Amanda; Randall, Clive A.
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2016 v.8 no.32 pp. 20909-20915
- ceramics; cold; cost effectiveness; heat treatment; melting point; temperature
- ... Sintering is a thermal treatment process that is generally applied to achieve dense bulk solids from particulate materials below the melting temperature. Conventional sintering of polycrystalline ceramics is prevalently performed at quite high temperatures, normally up to 1000 to 1200 °C for most ceramic materials, typically 50% to 75% of the melting temperatures. Here we present a new sintering r ...
- Hung, Yu-Han; Lu, Ang-Yu; Chang, Yung-Huang; Huang, Jing-Kai; Chang, Jeng-Kuei; Li, Lain-Jong; Su, Ching-Yuan
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2016 v.8 no.32 pp. 20993-21001
- cost effectiveness; crystal structure; energy; glass; gold; hydrogen production; nanocrystals; temperature; thermal degradation
- ... In this study, we report a facile approach to prepare dense arrays of MoS₂ nanoribbons by combining procedures of micromolding in capillaries (MIMIC) and thermolysis of thiosalts ((NH₄)₂MoS₄) as the printing ink. The obtained MoS₂ nanoribbons had a thickness reaching as low as 3.9 nm, a width ranging from 157 to 465 nm, and a length up to 2 cm. MoS₂ nanoribbons with an extremely high aspect ratio ...