Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Likai; Tang, Zhenghua; Yan, Wei; Yang, Hongyu; Wang, Qiannan; Chen, Shaowei
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2016 v.8 no.32 pp. 20635-20641
- catalysts; electron transfer; ligands; nanocomposites; nanogold; nanoparticles; oxygen; pyrolysis; temperature
- ... Porous carbon-supported gold nanoparticles of varied sizes were prepared using thiolate-capped molecular Au₂₅, Au₃₈, and Au₁₄₄ nanoclusters as precursors. The organic capping ligands were removed by pyrolysis at controlled temperatures, resulting in good dispersion of gold nanoparticles within the porous carbons, although the nanoparticle sizes were somewhat larger than those of the respective nan ...
- Guo, Wanchun; Jia, Yin; Tian, Kesong; Xu, Zhaopeng; Jiao, Jiao; Li, Ruifei; Wu, Yuehao; Cao, Ling; Wang, Haiyan
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2016 v.8 no.32 pp. 21046-21054
- coatings; epoxides; oxygen; polymerization; polymers; silica; solubility; solvents; temperature; thermal stability; ultraviolet radiation
- ... UV-triggered self-healing of single microcapsules has been a good candidate to enhance the life of polymer-based aerospace coatings because of its rapid healing process and healing chemistry based on an accurate stoichiometric ratio. However, free radical photoinitiators used in single microcapsules commonly suffer from possible deactivation due to the presence of oxygen in the space environment. ...