Jump to Main Content
- Liang, Yung-He; Liu, Chia-Hung; Liao, Shih-Hsiang; Lin, Yuan-Yun; Tang, Hao-Wei; Liu, Shin-Yun; Lai, I-Rue; Wu, Kevin C.-W.
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2012 v.4 no.12 pp. 6720-6727
- calcium chloride, etc ; alginates; biocompatibility; chemical elements; confocal laser scanning microscopy; cytotoxicity; drug delivery systems; drugs; hydroxyapatite; liver neoplasms; models; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; pH; particle size; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... A new core–shell nanostructure consisting of inorganic hydroxyapatite (HAP) nanoparticles as the core and organic alginate as the shell (denoted as HAP@Alg) was successfully synthesized by a pre-gel method and applied to pH-responsive drug delivery systems (DDS). HAP@Alg nanoparticles have the advantages of hydroxyapatite and alginate, where hydroxyapatite provides pH-responsive degradability, and ...
- Bernstein, Roy; Antón, Enrique; Ulbricht, Mathias
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2012 v.4 no.7 pp. 3438-3446
- calcium chloride, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; copolymerization; crosslinking; electrolytes; glucose; gravimetry; hydrogels; ion exchange; magnesium sulfate; monitoring; nanofiltration; pH; permeability; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate; solutes; sucrose; sulfonic acid; surface roughness; ultrafiltration; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... A strong polyelectrolyte hydrogel was graft copolymerized on a polyethersulfone (PES) ultrafiltration (UF) membrane using vinyl sulfonic acid (VSA) as the functional monomer, and N,N′-methylenbisacrylamide (MBAA) as the cross-linker monomer. This was carried out in one simple step using the UV photoirradiation method. The effect of the polymerization conditions on the degree of grafting (DG) was i ...