Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Zengshe; Chen, Jie; Knothe, Gerhard; Nie, Xiaoan; Jiang, Jianchun
- ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2016 v.4 no.3 pp. 901-906
- temperature, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biodiesel; butylated hydroxytoluene; differential scanning calorimetry; epoxidation reactions; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; olive oil; oxidative stability; phenols; soybean oil; synthesis; thermal stability; thermogravimetry; vegetable oil; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A novel antioxidant epoxidized cardanol (ECD), derived from cardanol, was synthesized and characterized by FT-IR, ¹H NMR, and ¹³C NMR. Oxidative stability of ECD used in vegetable oils and biodiesel was evaluated by pressurized differential scanning calorimetry (PDSC) and the Rancimat method, respectively. The results indicated that ECD exhibited antioxidative activity in soybean oil and increased ...
- Doll, Kenneth M.; Bantchev, Grigor B.; Murray, Rex E.
- ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2013 v.1 no.1 pp. 39-45
- temperature, etc ; biolubricants; bismuth; catalysts; chemical derivatives; dimethyl sulfoxide; epoxides; industry; ketones; moieties; oleic acid; oxidative stability; oxygen; perfluorocarbons; soybean oil; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Using a catalytic system, methyl oleate is transformed into long-chain keto and diketo derivatives via an epoxide route. Methyl 9(10)-oxooctadecanoate and methyl 9,10-dioxooctadecanoate were made by a ring-opening reaction of epoxidized methyl oleate using bismuth(III) trifluoromethanesulfonate (bismuth triflate) catalyst. Lower reaction temperatures favor the ketone, whereas higher temperatures a ...