Jump to Main Content
- Moser, Thierry; Celma, Coralie; Lebert, Audrey; Charrault, Eric; Brooke, Robert; Murphy, Peter
J.; Browne, Gareth; Young, Richard; Higgs, Timothy; Evans, Drew
- ACS applied materials 2016 v.8 no.1 pp. 974-982
- biocompatibility; chemical composition; coatings; electrodes; electronic equipment; electronics; hydrogels; hydrophilicity; polyethylene glycol; polymerization; topography; vapors
- ... Prompted by the rapidly developing field of wearable electronics, research into biocompatible substrates and coatings is intensifying. Acrylate-based hydrogel polymers have gained widespread use as biocompatible articles in applications such as contact and intraocular lenses. Surface treatments and/or coatings present one strategy to further enhance the performance of these hydrogels or even reali ...
- Rtimi, Sami; Sanjines, Rosendo; Pulgarin, Cesar; Kiwi, John
- ACS applied materials 2016 v.8 no.1 pp. 47-55
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; catheters; coatings; copper; cytotoxicity; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; ions; irradiation; mass spectrometry; oxides; polyurethanes; semiconductors; silver
- ... The first evidence for Cu–Ag (50%/50%) nanoparticulate hybrid coatings is presented leading to a complete and almost instantaneous bacterial inactivation in the dark (≤5 min). Dark bacterial inactivation times on Cu–Ag (50%/50%) were observed to coincide with the times required by actinic light irradiation. This provides the evidence that the bimetal Cu–Ag driven inactivation predominates over a C ...