Jump to Main Content
- Abrigo, Martina; Kingshott, Peter; McArthur, Sally L.
- ACS applied materials 2015 v.7 no.14 pp. 7644-7652
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; agar; bacteria; bacterial adhesion; bacterial infections; biofilm; cell death; chemistry; confocal microscopy; nanofibers; polystyrenes; scanning electron microscopy; tissue engineering
- ... Electrospun materials have been widely investigated in the past few decades as candidates for tissue engineering applications. However, there is little available data on the mechanisms of interaction of bacteria with electrospun wound dressings of different morphology and surface chemistry. This knowledge could allow the development of effective devices against bacterial infections in chronic woun ...
- Yang, Yu; Liu, Teng; Cheng, Liang; Song, Guosheng; Liu, Zhuang; Chen, Meiwan
- ACS applied materials 2015 v.7 no.14 pp. 7526-7533
- antibiotics; aqueous solutions; bacteria; fluorescence; human health; ions; isothiocyanates; metal ions; nanosheets; nanosilver; silver; sulfides
- ... Silver as an extensively used antibacterial agent also poses potential threats to the environment and human health. Hence, in this work, we design a fluorescent nanoprobe by using rhodamine B isothiocyanate (RhoBS) adsorbed MoS₂ nanosheets to realize sensitive and selective detection of Ag⁺. On the surface of RhoBS-loaded MoS₂ nanosheets, Ag⁺ can be reduced to Ag nanoparticles, which afterward cou ...