Jump to Main Content
- Qi, Haishan; Zhang, Chen; Guo, Hongshuang; Zheng, Weiwei; Yang, Jing; Zhou, Xiao; Zhang, Lei
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.27 pp. 24504-24511
- recombinant fusion proteins, etc ; antimicrobial properties; biocompatibility; coatings; contact angle; glass; hydrophilicity; mussels; peptides; transmittance; zwitterions; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... A multifunctional coating with antifogging, self-cleaning, and antimicrobial properties has been prepared based on a mussel-inspired chimeric protein MP-KE, which is the first example that these proteins were successfully applied to fabricate antifogging surfaces. The coating exhibits super hydrophilic properties, as indicated by contact angles less than 5° and high light transmittance similar to ...
- Qi, Haishan; Zheng, Weiwei; Zhang, Chen; Zhou, Xiao; Zhang, Lei
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.13 pp. 12846-12853
- recombinant fusion proteins, etc ; adsorption; bacterial adhesion; biocompatibility; coatings; enzymes; molecular chaperones; mussels; peptides; post-translational modification; synthetic biology; tyrosine; zwitterions; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Surface functionalization can effectively endow materials with desirable properties, promoting the performance between the material and environment, with extensive applications. However, a universal and straightforward surface functionalization method with biocompatibility is scarce. In this study, with synthetic biology strategy, recombinant mussel plaque protein with a zwitterionic peptide inspi ...