Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yang; Lin, Chuan-Fu; Rao, Jiancun; Gaskell, Karen; Rubloff, Gary; Lee, Sang Bok
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.29 pp. 24554-24563
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anodes; batteries; cathodes; corrosion; electrochemistry; electrolytes; lithium; materials science; scanning electron microscopy; sulfur
- ... Lithium–sulfur (Li–S) batteries suffer from shuttle reactions during electrochemical cycling, which cause the loss of active material sulfur from sulfur–carbon cathodes, and simultaneously incur the corrosion and degradation of the lithium metal anode by forming passivation layers on its surface. These unwanted reactions therefore lead to the fast failure of batteries. The preservation of the high ...
- Wang, Kai; Zhang, Xiaohua; Han, Jianwei; Zhang, Xiong; Sun, Xianzhong; Li, Chen; Liu, Wenhao; Li, Qingwen; Ma, Yanwei
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.29 pp. 24573-24582
- anions; anodes; batteries; cathodes; electrochemistry; electronics; gels; manganese dioxide; nanotubes; polymers; specific energy; zinc; zinc sulfate
- ... Nowadays, linear-shaped batteries have received increasing attentions because the unique one-dimensional architecture offers an omni-directional flexibility. We developed a cable-type flexible rechargeable Zn microbattery based on a microscale MnO₂@carbon nanotube fiberlike composite cathode and Zn wire anode. The Zn–MnO₂ cable microbattery exhibits a large specific capacity, good rate performance ...