Jump to Main Content
- Feng, Jun-Feng; Chen, Jiao-Long; Guo, Kun; Hou, Jun-Bo; Zhou, Xian-Li; Huang, Shuai; Li, Bang-Jing; Zhang, Sheng
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.46 pp. 40238-40245
- Hirudinea; free radicals; hydrogels; materials science; medical equipment; moieties; polymerization; robots; tissue engineering
- ... Inspired by the functions of leeches, for the first time homogeneous materials integrating hydrogels and elastomers were achieved by free radical polymerization. 2-Methoxyethyl acrylate (MEA) was used as elastomer monomer and Pluronics functionalized with vinyl groups acted as cross-linkers to impart the hydrogel property to the materials. The resulting Pluronic/PMEA gels possess a swelling ratio ...
- Jin, Mengyuan; Zhang, Yifan; Yan, Chaojing; Fu, Yanbao; Guo, Yanhui; Ma, Xiaohua
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.46 pp. 39570-39580
- ambient temperature; borates; boron; capacitance; electrodes; energy density; flammability; gels; graphene oxide; ionic liquids; plasticizers; polyethylene glycol; polymerization; strength (mechanics); thermal stability; ultraviolet radiation
- ... A high-performance boron-containing gel polymer electrolyte (GPE) with semi-interpenetrating polymer network structure was successfully prepared by a rapid and easy one-step polymerization process assisted with UV light, exploiting poly(ethylene oxide) as a polymer host, the novel borate ester monomer as the cross-linker, and LiClO₄ and EMIMBF₄ both as the plasticizer and electrolytic salt, respec ...