Jump to Main Content
- Joshipura, Ishan D.; Ayers, Hudson R.; Castillo, Gilbert A.; Ladd, Collin; Tabor, Christopher E.; Adams, Jacob J.; Dickey, Michael D.
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.51 pp. 44686-44695
- microfluidic technology, etc ; acids; adhesion; air; alloys; chemical bases; coatings; electrodes; electronics; energy; gallium; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; liquids; metrology; nanoparticles; roughness; silica; silicone; spectroscopy; surface roughness; surface tension; topography; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... This work reports a simple approach to form, study, and utilize rough coatings that prevent the adhesion of gallium-based liquid metal alloys. Typically, liquids with large interfacial tension do not wet nonreactive surfaces, regardless of surface topography. However, these alloys form a surface oxide “skin” that adheres to many substrates, even those with low surface energy. This work reports a s ...
- Vadivelu, Raja; Kashaninejad, Navid; Sreejith, Kamalalayam Rajan; Bhattacharjee, Ripon; Cock, Ian; Nguyen, Nam-Trung
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.50 pp. 43439-43449
- microfluidic technology, etc ; agarose; cell adhesion; cell culture; cell viability; cryopreservation; cryoprotectants; fetal bovine serum; freeze-thaw cycles; freezing; hydrogels; liquids; materials science; mice; toxicity; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Cryopreservation without cryoprotectant remains a significant challenge for the re-establishment of cell culture after freeze–thaw. Thus, finding an alternative and a simple cryopreservation method is necessary. Liquid marble (LM)-based digital microfluidics is a promising approach for cryoprotectant-free cryopreservation. However, the use of this platform to efficiently preserve samples with low ...