Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Wenyan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.44 pp. 38594-38605
- alcohols; arid zones; asymmetric membranes; carbon nanotubes; cleaning; desalination; distillation; drinking water; electrochemistry; electrolysis; groundwater; heat; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; polypropylenes; silicates
- ... The desalination of inland brackish groundwater offers the opportunity to provide potable drinking water to residents and industrial cooling water to industries located in arid regions. Geothermal brines are used to generate electricity, but often contain high concentrations of dissolved salt. Here, we demonstrate how the residual heat left in spent geothermal brines can be used to drive a membran ...
- Si, Wenyan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.35 pp. 29744-29752
- ammonia; carbon; catalysts; fuel cells; methanol; nitrogen; oxygen; pyridines
- ... Metal-free catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) are the desired materials for low-cost proton exchange membrane fuel cells. Graphdiyne (GDY), a novel type of two-dimensional carbon allotrope, is featured by its sp- and sp²-hybridized carbon atoms, different from the other existing carbon materials. Thus, nitrogen (N) can be doped in new styles by substituting sp-hybridized carbon atoms, e ...