Jump to Main Content
- Ayemoba, Onagie; Cuesta, Angel
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.33 pp. 27377-27382
- carbon dioxide; lithium; cathodes; bicarbonates; cesium; cations; pH; potassium; hydrolysis; protons; sodium; spectral analysis
- ... The nature of the electrolyte cation is known to affect the Faradaic efficiency and selectivity of CO₂ electroreduction. Singh et al. (J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 13006–13012) recently attributed this effect to the buffering ability of cation hydrolysis at the electrical double layer. According to them, the pKₐ of hydrolysis decreases close to the cathode due to the polarization of the solvation ...
- Ding, Feixiang; Li, Jianling; Deng, Fuhai; Xu, Guofeng; Liu, Yanying; Yang, Kai; Kang, Feiyu
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.33 pp. 27936-27945
- cathodes; crystal structure; electrolytes; interphase; lithium; lithium batteries; oxides; oxygen; protective effect
- ... Lithium-rich layered oxides (LLOs) have been attractive cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries because of their high reversible capacity. However, they suffer from low initial Coulombic efficiency and capacity/voltage decay upon cycling. Herein, facile surface modification of Li₁.₂Mn₀.₅₄Ni₀.₁₃Co₀.₁₃O₂ cathode material is designed to overcome these defects by the protective effect of a surface ...