Jump to Main Content
- Gayen, Pralay; Chaplin, Brian P.
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.33 pp. 27638-27648
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anodes; detection limit; electrochemistry; electrolysis; electrolytes; hydrophobicity; iron; oxidation; perchlorates; perfluorooctanoic acid; phenol; potassium dihydrogen phosphate; radio waves; sodium chloride
- ... This research investigated the effects of surface fluorination on both rates of organic compound oxidation (phenol and terephthalic acid (TA)) and ClO₄– formation at boron-doped diamond (BDD) film anodes at 22 °C. Different fluorination methods (i.e., electrochemical oxidation with perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), radio frequency plasma, and silanization) were used to incorporate fluorinated moietie ...
- Huang, Shoushuang; Ma, Dui; Hu, ZhangJun; He, Qingquan; Zai, Jiantao; Chen, Dayong; Sun, Huai; Chen, Zhiwen; Qiao, Qiquan; Wu, Minghong; Qian, Xuefeng
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.33 pp. 27607-27617
- alloys; catalysts; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolytes; electrons; iodine; iron; lighting; nickel; photocatalysis; photovoltaic cells; platinum
- ... Platinum (Pt)-based alloys are considerably promising electrocatalysts for the reduction of I–/I₃– and Co²⁺/Co³⁺ redox couples in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). However, it is still challenging to minimize the dosage of Pt to achieve comparable or even higher catalytic efficiency. Here, by taking full advantages of the Mott–Schottky (M–S) effect at the metal–semiconductor interface, we succes ...