Jump to Main Content
- Hasan, Mohammad Nazmul; Hwang, Yong Hwa; An, Jeong Man; Shahriar, S. M. Shatil; Cho, Sungpil; Lee, Yong-kyu
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2020 v.12 no.35 pp. 38925-38935
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; animal disease models; blood glucose; death; gene transfer; genes; glycemic effect; half life; histopathology; humans; hypoglycemia; immunohistochemistry; insulin; intestines; islets of Langerhans; mice; nanocarriers; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; secretin; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is a chronic and progressive hyperglycemic condition. Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP1) is an incretin secreted from pancreatic β-cells and helps to produce insulin to balance the blood glucose level without the risk of hypoglycemia. However, the therapeutic application of GLP1 is limited by its intrinsic short half-life and rapid metabolic clearance in the body. To en ...
- Nie, Tianqi; He, Zhiyu; Zhou, Yang; Zhu, Jinchang; Chen, Kuntao; Liu, Lixin; Leong, Kam W.; Mao, Hai-Quan; Chen, Yongming
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.33 pp. 29593-29603
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; animal models; blood glucose; coatings; diffusivity; electrostatic interactions; epithelium; hydrophilicity; intestines; liver; lungs; mucus; nanoparticles; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patient compliance; permeability; plasmids; polyethylene glycol; therapeutics; transfection; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Oral delivery of nucleic acid therapy is a promising strategy in treating various diseases because of its higher patient compliance and therapeutic efficiency compared to parenteral routes of administration. However, its success has been limited by the low transfection efficiency resulting from nucleic acid entrapment in the mucus layer and epithelial barrier of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. He ...