Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Jinqiang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.33 pp. 30308-30316
- ambient temperature; aqueous solutions; copper; copper sulfate; crosslinking; elastic deformation; electric field; hydrogels; liquids; magnetism; modulus of elasticity; pH; plastic deformation; polyacrylic acid; polyethylene glycol; tannins
- ... Shape transformation of polymeric materials, including hydrogels, liquid crystalline, and semicrystalline polymers, can be realized by exposing the shape-changing materials to the effect of a variety of stimuli such as temperature, light, pH, and magnetic and electric fields. Herein, we demonstrate a novel and different approach that allows a flat sheet or strip of a polymer to transform into a pr ...
- Jiang, Jinqiang, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.46 pp. 40189-40197
- ambient temperature; crosslinking; heat; iron; nanoparticles; plastic deformation; polyacrylic acid; polyethylene glycol; processing technology
- ... Although shape-memory polymers (SMPs) can alter their shapes upon stimulation of environmental signals, complex shape transformations are usually realized by using advanced processing technologies (four-dimensional printing) and complicated polymer structure design or localized activation. Herein, we demonstrate that stepwise controlled complex shape transformations can be obtained from a single f ...