Jump to Main Content
- Song, Jinlong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.17 pp. 15258-15269
- copper; droplets; hexadecane; liquids; methylene chloride; mixing; models; oils; oxidation; roughness; solubility; viscosity; wettability
- ... Roughness contrast patterns were generated on copper surfaces by a simple one-step site-selective oxidation process using a felt-tipped ink pen masking method. The patterned surface exhibited strong underwater oil wettability contrast which allows oil droplet confinement. Oil droplets placed on two patterned smooth dots (reservoirs) connected by a patterned smooth channel will spontaneously exchan ...
- Song, Jinlong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.8 pp. 7497-7503
- adhesion; aluminum; anisotropy; atmospheric pressure; contact angle; droplets; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; liquids; mixing; screening; water harvesting
- ... Superhydrophobic surfaces with hydrophilic patterns have great application potential in various fields, such as microfluidic systems and water harvesting. However, many reported preparation methods involve complicated devices and/or masks, making fabrication of these patterned surfaces time-consuming and inefficient. Here, we propose a highly efficient, simple, and maskless microplasma jet (MPJ) t ...