Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yixi; Xia, Chris; Shepard, Zachary; Smith, Nicholas; Rice, Nicholas; Peterson, Amy M.; Sakulich, Aaron
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2017 v.5 no.5 pp. 3955-3962
- tung oil, etc ; carbon dioxide; coatings; concrete; corrosion; cracking; epoxides; greenhouse gas emissions; infrastructure; microencapsulation; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Self-healing rebar coatings were prepared and investigated for steel-reinforced concrete, with the goal of creating coatings that can withstand construction site damage. Such damage to conventional coatings results in epoxy chipping or cracking and negates the coatings’ ability to resist corrosion. The coatings consisted of a conventional epoxy coating containing 10 wt % microencapsulated tung oil ...
- Kovács, Ervin; Turczel, Gábor; Szabó, Lili; Varga, Réka; Tóth, Imre; Anastas, Paul T.; Tuba, Robert
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2017 v.5 no.12 pp. 11215-11220
- tung oil, etc ; acetates; alpha-linolenic acid; catalysts; chemical bonding; cross-coupling reactions; green chemistry; hydrogenation; isomerization; odors; polyesters; polyurethanes; raw materials; vegetable oil; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Cross metatheses of tung oil, a nonedible vegetable oil and α-eleostearic acid ((9Z,11E,13E)-octadeca-9,11,13-trienoic acid, ESA) methyl ester (1), obtained from tung oil containing the same highly unsaturated, conjugated double bonds, have been carried out with cis-1,4-diacetoxy-2-butene (2) using Hoveyda-Grubbs (3-HG2) or Grubbs second or third generation catalysts (3-G2 or 3-G3). The reactions ...