Jump to Main Content
- Hegde, Gurumurthy; Abdul
Manaf, Shoriya Aruni; Kumar, Anuj; Ali, Gomaa
A. M.; Chong, Kwok Feng; Ngaini, Zainab; Sharma, K. V.
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2015 v.3 no.9 pp. 2247-2253
- bark; capacitance; carbon; catalysts; electrochemistry; nanospheres; particle size; pyrolysis; sago; wastes
- ... Catalyst-free carbon nanospheres were synthesized using simple one-step pyrolysis techniques where biowaste sago bark is used as a carbon precursor. Obtained carbon nanospheres showed a porous nature and revealed that more than 95% carbon is present in the synthesized carbon nanospheres with particle size ranging from 40 to 70 nm. An electrochemical study showed a specific capacitance value of 180 ...
- Ede, Sivasankara
Rao; Kundu, Subrata
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2015 v.3 no.9 pp. 2321-2336
- DNA; anodes; butanol; capacitance; catalysts; electrical equipment; electrochemistry; energy; hydrogen peroxide; microwave treatment; oxidants; oxidation; photocatalysis; tin
- ... Self-assembled, aggregated SnWO₄ nanoassemblies are formed by the reaction of Sn(II) salt and Na₂WO₄·2H₂O in the presence of DNA under microwave heating within 6 min. We have emphasized the natural properties of DNA with its ability to scaffold SnWO₄ nanoassemblies and examined the role of starting reagents on the particles’ morphology. The diameter of the individual particles is ultrasmall and va ...