Jump to Main Content
- Pandit, Aniruddha B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2016 v.4 no.8 pp. 4256-4263
- acoustics; ambient temperature; cell walls; energy; environmental impact; hexane; maceration; permeability; plant tissues; scanning electron microscopy; seed oils; seeds; solid phase extraction; solvents; ultrasonic treatment; ultrasonics; wastes
- ... This work deals with the extraction of date seed oil using an acoustic cavitation. The process parameters such as sonication (extraction) time, power dissipation, operating temperature, and solvent to date seed ratio have been optimized on the basis of extracted oil yield. The obtained results have been compared with the frequently used extraction methods (such as maceration and Soxhlet extraction ...
- Pandit, Aniruddha
B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2016 v.4 no.5 pp. 2789-2796
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; acoustics; alkaline hydrolysis; ambient temperature; autoclaves; differential scanning calorimetry; disulfide bonds; energy; fertilizers; hydrolysates; soil; solubility; steam; thermogravimetry; wool
- ... The purpose of this work was to understand the effect of the acoustic cavitation on the alkaline hydrolysis of wool and compare it with a conventional method of steam based alkaline hydrolysis. In acoustic cavitation assisted alkaline hydrolysis, the effect of concentration of solid (wool) and alkali on the properties of wool were also investigated. In conventional alkaline hydrolysis, the experim ...