Jump to Main Content
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2017 v.5 no.11 pp. 9793-9801
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; alkenes; biopolyesters; catalysts; differential scanning calorimetry; fatty acid methyl esters; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gel chromatography; heat; ionization; melting point; microwave radiation; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oleic acid; plant fats and oils; polymerization; temperature; thermogravimetry
- ... Self-metathesis of fatty acid methyl esters (FAMEs) from natural oils and commercial oleic acid was carried out using a microwave reactor in solvent-free conditions. Self-metathesis products were further identified and quantified by gas chromatography–mass spectroscopy (GC–MS) and gas chromatography–flame ionization detector (GC–FID). Conversion of ∼50% was achieved within a short span (∼2 min) in ...
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2016 v.4 no.3 pp. 1785-1793
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adhesion; biocomposites; biopolymers; composite polymers; flammability; keratin; nanoclays; polymerization; scanning electron microscopy; stearic acid; storage modulus; styrene; thermal stability; transmission electron microscopy
- ... The surface grafting of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes (POSS) nanocages onto keratin biofiber and development of hybrid keratin fiber by dissolution of feather keratin, exfoliation/intercalation of nanoclay in the keratin matrix and regeneration into fiber are reported, respectively. The graft polymerization of POSS on to the surface of keratin fibers was observed by scanning electron micro ...