Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Guangyue, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2017 v.5 no.10 pp. 8594-8601
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; catalysts; catalytic activity; cobalt; desorption; eugenol; feedstocks; hydrogen; hydrogenation; industry; particle size; phenols; polymers; spices; surface area; temperature; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Cyclohexanols are important feedstock for polymers, spices, and medicines production in industry. In this work, a series of cobalt-based catalysts with different supports were prepared and used to catalyze lignin-derived phenols to cyclohexanols. Among the catalysts, Co/TiO₂ showed the best hydrodeoxygenation (HDO) activity. An equivalent of propylcyclohexanol (>99.9%) was achieved under 1 MPa H₂, ...
- Xu, Guangyue, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2014 v.2 no.10 pp. 2259-2266
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; aqueous solutions; catalysts; catalytic activity; copper; furfural; hydrogen; industry; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; temperature; titration; transmission electron microscopy; zinc
- ... A new catalytic system was developed for the selective conversion of biomass-derived furfural to cyclopentanone in aqueous solution. CuZnAl catalysts with different Cu/Zn molar ratios (0.5, 1, 2, and 3) and calcination temperatures (350, 500, and 700 °C) were investigated, and the CuZnAl-500–0.5 catalyst (Cu/Zn = 0.5, calcined at 500 °C) showed a remarkable catalytic performance in the reaction. A ...