Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Yonghui, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2016 v.4 no.12 pp. 6277-6287
- catalysts; energy; freeze drying; manganese dioxide; micro-computed tomography; nanowires; photocatalysis; physicochemical properties; pollutants; silver
- ... Owing to their intriguing properties, aerogels with rich and hierarchical pore systems are best appreciated in catalysis, sensing, and separation technologies. Herein, a comprehensive study is presented for inorganic monolithic aerogel of Ag doped MnO₂ (Ag-MnO₂), synthesized solely out of nanowires of diameter ∼10 nm. We demonstrated a 3D image of the full bulk structure of the aerogel using X-ray ...
- Zhao, Yonghui, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2015 v.3 no.9 pp. 2049-2057
- gold; nanogold; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; hydroxyl radicals; sodium hydroxide; manganese dioxide; nanocomposites; palladium; nanowires; urea; electrolysis; hydrogen; oxidation; oxygen production; oxygen
- ... Oxygen evolution reaction (OER) has been considered as the bottleneck step in water electrolysis to simultaneously produce hydrogen and oxygen. The earth abundant first-row metal oxides such as manganese oxide have been found very active after anchoring nanoparticular noble metals such as Au, Pd and Pt onto its surface. Recent reports have demonstrated that Au can increase the turnover frequency ( ...