Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Tao; Zhang, Jian; Shi, Peiheng; Li, Yi; Zhang, Ling; Sun, Zhengzong; He, Rong; Duan, Tao; Zhu, Wenkun
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.6 no.12 pp. 17152-17159
- konjac mannan, etc ; Thalia dealbata; aerogels; anisotropy; biomass; biomimetics; electrical conductivity; electrodes; graphene oxide; renewable resources; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Carbon aerogels with biomimetic structures have shown excellent physicochemical properties and brought great potential applications to a wide range of fields. The utilization of renewable resources as the carbon precursors offers a low-cost and scalable way to fabricate biomimetic carbon aerogels with intriguing properties such as ultralight weight, superelasticity, and high conductivity. Inspired ...
- Zeng, Minxiang; Echols, Ian; Wang, Pingmei; Lei, Shijun; Luo, Jianhui; Peng, Baoliang; He, Lipeng; Zhang, Lecheng; Huang, Dali; Mejia, Carlos; Wang, Ling; Mannan, M. Sam; Cheng, Zhengdong
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.6 no.3 pp. 3879-3887
- konjac mannan, etc ; biocompatibility; biopolymers; crosslinking; dyes; fabrics; heavy metals; hydrophilicity; metal ions; oil spills; oils; pinto beans; pollutants; seed germination; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; water solubility; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Conventional wastewater treatment systems generally require multiple steps and complex procedures to remove aqueous pollutants and oil contaminants from polluted water. Herein, we fabricate an underwater superoleophobic membrane by cross-linking konjac glucomannan on pristine fabrics, demonstrating that the concept of oil–water separation and the principle of aqueous pollutant removal can be integ ...