Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Zhenhong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2019 v.7 no.9 pp. 8678-8686
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; biomass; cellulose; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; fractionation; lignin; lignocellulose; raw materials; rice straw; scanning electron microscopy; screening; solvents; sulfuric acid; temperature; water solubility; xylan; xylose
- ... Ten solvents including water-soluble and water-insoluble solvents were first used to pretreat rice straw under facile conditions (110 °C, 60 min). The results showed that most of the hemicellulose was removed, and much of the cellulose was held in solid residue. On the basis of the Hansen solubility parameter (HSP) theory, the correlation between the relative energy difference of the solvent-syste ...
- Yuan, Zhenhong, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.6 no.2 pp. 1723-1731
- Sorghum (Poaceae); biomass; biorefining; cellulose; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; furfural; hydrolysis; industrial applications; lignin; lignocellulose; liquids; mass transfer; physicochemical properties; solvents; sulfuric acid; temperature; xylan; xylose
- ... Traditional liquid hot water pretreatment (LHWP) has a high water consumption, a high reaction temperature, and low lignin removal, making it unsuitable for industrial applications of biomass conversion. In this study, we developed a new phase-exchange solvent pretreatment (PESP) based on the varied phase composition of furfural (FF)-water at different temperatures. Substitution of water with FF h ...