Jump to Main Content
- McCarty, J. C.; Jr., J. N.; Jenkins, O. A.; Gutierrez, R. W.
- ARS USDA Submissions 2014 v.8 pp. 313
- Gossypium hirsutum; agronomic traits; alleles; cultivars; fiber quality; genetic improvement; genetic variation; germplasm releases; lint cotton; plant breeding; plant morphology; pollen; pollination; random mating; Mississippi
- ... A random-mated population involving four cultivars of Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) and 30 day-neutral primitive accessions, RMPAP-C4 (Reg. No. GP-980, PI 670133) was developed and jointly released by the USDA–ARS and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station in 2014. This population involved five cycles of random mating following the cross of 30 day-neutral primitive ac ...
- Vogel, K. P.; Mitchell, R. B.; Casler, M. D.; Sarath, G.
- ARS USDA Submissions 2014 v.8 pp. 242
- Panicum virgatum; biomass; crop yield; cultivars; energy crops; germplasm releases; latitude; longitude; overwintering; winter; Great Plains region; United States
- ... ‘Liberty’ switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) is a lowland type cultivar that is adapted to USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 4, 5, and 6 in the Great Plains and Midwest, USA east of 100o W. Longitude and potentially other regions where it has not been tested to date. It was developed for use as a perennial biomass energy crop and is the first high yielding biomass type lowland cultivar that is adapted to ...