Jump to Main Content
- Peters, Debra P. C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ARS USDA Submissions 2014 v.5 no.6 pp. art67
- artificial intelligence; data analysis; data collection; ecology; experimental design; problem solving; streams
- ... Most efforts to harness the power of big data for ecology and environmental sciences focus on data and metadata sharing, standardization, and accuracy. However, many scientists have not accepted the data deluge as an integral part of their research because the current scientific method is not scalable to large, complex datasets. Here, we explain how integrating a dataintensive, machine learning ap ...
- Peters, Debra P. C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- ARS USDA Submissions 2014 v.5 no.3 pp. 1
- ecologists; ecosystems; energy; funding; global change; infrastructure; scientists
- ... Many of the most dramatic and surprising effects of global change on ecological systems will occur across large spatial extents, from regions to continents. Multiple ecosystem types will be impacted across a range of interacting spatial and temporal scales. The ability of ecologists to understand and predict these dynamics depends, in large part, on existing site-based research infrastructures dev ...