Jump to Main Content
- Kwiatkowska-Falińska, Anna J.; Jankowska-Błaszczuk, Małgorzata; Wódkiewicz, Maciej
- Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae 2011 v.80 no.4 pp. 269-274
- Calluna vulgaris; buried seeds; coniferous forests; fallow; grasses; longevity; perennials; secondary succession; seedling emergence; soil; species diversity; Poland
- ... Studies on the soil seed banks of fallow lands of different ages were carried out on poor soil abandoned fields and in a fresh coniferous forest in north-eastern Poland. The size and diversity of seed banks was studied with the seedling emergence method. Species abundance (i), density (ii), number of species from different biological groups (iii) and distribution and mean LI value (iv) were analys ...
- Zubek, Szymon; Błaszkowski, Janusz; Mleczko, Piotr
- Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae 2011 v.80 no.4 pp. 285-292
- Archaeospora; Claroideoglomus claroideum; Convallaria majalis; Glomus caledonium; Glomus mosseae; Glomus versiforme; Helianthus tuberosus; botanical gardens; endophytes; hyphae; medicinal plants; mycelium; mycorrhizal fungi; rhizosphere; roots; soil; spores; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae
- ... Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) and dark septate endophyte (DSE) associations were studied in 36 medicinal plant species from 33 genera and 17 families, collected from the Botanical Garden of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków. Arbuscular mycorrhiza (AM) was found in 34 species (94%); 26 were of the Arum-type, 4 – Paris and 4 taxa revealed intermediate morphology. The abundance of AMF hypha ...