Jump to Main Content
- Thungo, Zamalotshwa; Shimelis, Hussein; Odindo, Alfred O.; Mashilo, Jacob
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 177-194
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; canopy; chlorophyll; drought; drought tolerance; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; grain yield; greenhouses; heading; leaves; parents; physiological response; seeds; selection response; stomatal conductance; temperature; tillers; wheat
- ... The selection response of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under water-limited condition can be enhanced through breeding novel genotypes possessing drought-adaptive and yield-related agronomic and physiological traits. The objective of this study was to evaluate terminal drought tolerance among bread wheat genotypes and select superior parents for breeding. Agronomic and physiological responses of 28 ...
- Ngwira, Amos Robert; Kabambe, Vernon; Simwaka, Pacsu; Makoko, Kondwani; Kamoyo, Kefasi
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 241-251
- agricultural conservation practice; conventional tillage; corn; costs and returns; cowpeas; crop rotation; farmers; grain yield; intercropping; on-farm research; peanuts; pigeon peas; profitability; soybeans; Malawi
- ... A study was conducted from 2014 to 2017 in Malawi to elucidate the short-term effects of maize-legume intercropping and rotation systems under conservation agriculture (CA) and conventional tillage (CT) on crop productivity and profitability. Twelve farmers hosted on-farm trials per district, in three districts, with each farmer having six plots. The design of the study was randomised complete blo ...