Jump to Main Content
- Thungo, Zamalotshwa; Shimelis, Hussein; Odindo, Alfred O.; Mashilo, Jacob
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 177-194
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; canopy; chlorophyll; drought; drought tolerance; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; grain yield; greenhouses; heading; leaves; parents; physiological response; seeds; selection response; stomatal conductance; temperature; tillers; wheat
- ... The selection response of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under water-limited condition can be enhanced through breeding novel genotypes possessing drought-adaptive and yield-related agronomic and physiological traits. The objective of this study was to evaluate terminal drought tolerance among bread wheat genotypes and select superior parents for breeding. Agronomic and physiological responses of 28 ...
- Usman, Magaji G.; Rafii, Mohd Y.; Yusuff, Oladosu; Martini, Mohammad Y.; Ismail, Mohd R.; Ridzuan, Raihana
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 252-264
- agronomic traits; backcrossing; flowering; fruit yield; fruits; genes; genotype; heat tolerance; microsatellite repeats; parents; phenotype; plant height; temperature; Malaysia
- ... Domestic production of chilli in Malaysia is insufficient which accounted for 52% self-sufficiency level. Poor performance of local varieties under high temperatures above 42°C is one of the major factors affecting chilli production. This study was conducted with the objective of introgress heat-tolerant gene (Hsps) from AVPP0702 donor into Kulai using marker-assisted backcrossing. A total of 68 S ...