Jump to Main Content
- Thungo, Zamalotshwa; Shimelis, Hussein; Odindo, Alfred O.; Mashilo, Jacob
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 177-194
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; canopy; chlorophyll; drought; drought tolerance; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; grain yield; greenhouses; heading; leaves; parents; physiological response; seeds; selection response; stomatal conductance; temperature; tillers; wheat
- ... The selection response of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under water-limited condition can be enhanced through breeding novel genotypes possessing drought-adaptive and yield-related agronomic and physiological traits. The objective of this study was to evaluate terminal drought tolerance among bread wheat genotypes and select superior parents for breeding. Agronomic and physiological responses of 28 ...
- Miqueloto, Tiago; de Medeiros Neto, Cauby; Martins, Clovis David Medeiros; Barbosa, Rodrigo Amorim; Da Silva, Sila Carneiro; Sbrissia, André Fischer
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 208-214
- Urochloa humidicola; defoliation; forage; forage production; grazing; grazing management; pastures; spring; stocking rate; sward; tillers; tropics; Brazil
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the defoliation patterns of individual tillers, efficiency of herbage utilisation, and forage production in continuously stocked Brachiaria humidicola cv. Comum swards during periods of the year of restricted pasture growth. The experiment was conducted at the Embrapa, Campo Grande-MS, Brazil, from April to October 2012. Treatments consisted of two grazing man ...