Jump to Main Content
- Neugschwandtner, Reinhard W.; Ziegler, Katja V.; Kriegner, Simon; Kaul, Hans-Peter
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2015 v.65 no.6 pp. 496-505
- climate; faba beans; farming systems; field experimentation; frost; frost injury; grain yield; grains; livestock; overwintering; pods; protein sources; seeds; shoots; spring; winter; winter hardiness; yield components; Austria; Central European region
- ... A substantial deficit of protein sources for livestock and expected changes in agro-climatic conditions are two challenges for European agriculture. Both can be addressed by introducing more autumn-sown legumes into Central European farming systems. Therefore, a three-year field experiment was conducted under Pannonian climate conditions in eastern Austria in which several winter faba bean varieti ...
- Liu, Shuang; Zhang, Xing-Yi; Kravchenko, Yuriy; Iqbal, M. Anjum
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2015 v.65 no.6 pp. 554-565
- Mollisols; Zea mays; climate; corn; grain yield; latitude; no-tillage; plows; reduced tillage; rotary tillage; soil density; soil depth; soil temperature; soil water; soil water content; China
- ... A four-year tillage experiment on maize was conducted in the high latitude region of Northeast of China. The main objective of this study was to investigate the effects of different field tillage practices on maize grain yield, soil physical properties, and soil water and temperature dynamics in Northeast of China. The tillage practices included moldboard plow tillage (MOT), rotary tillage (ROT), ...