Jump to Main Content
- Guld, Zs.; Rácz, A.; Tima, H.; Kállay, M.; Sárdy, D. Nyitrainé
- Acta alimentaria 2019 v.48 no.3 pp. 349-357
- anthocyanins; grapes; health effects assessments; monitoring; oak barrels; polyphenols; production technology; red wines; wine cultivars; wine quality; Hungary
- ... Polyphenol compounds in grapes and wines are of paramount importance: they have a key role in determining wine quality, and also the beneficial health effects of moderate red wine consumption are well-known. The polyphenol concentration of wines is determined mostly by: a) their concentration in the grapes and b) the production technology, particularly the time and type of aging. Our goal was to d ...
- Cioffi, I.; Santarpia, L.; Vaccaro, A.; Naccarato, M.; Iacone, R.; Marra, M.; Contaldo, F.; Pasanisi, F.
- Acta alimentaria 2019 v.48 no.3 pp. 396-404
- analysis of variance; appetite; blood glucose; blood sampling; calorimetry; celiac disease; cross-over studies; diet; energy expenditure; glucose; gluten-free foods; insulin; metabolism; palatability; pasta; satiety; sensation; traditional technology; volunteers; wheat
- ... The interest in gluten-free (GF) diet has greatly increased also in people without celiac disease (CD). This pilot study aimed to investigate the postprandial effect of GF-pasta, made by using the pasta-making process applied to artisan wheat pasta, on palatability, appetite sensation, and glucose metabolism in 8 healthy volunteers. Two iso-caloric lunch-meals consisting of: 1) gluten-free pasta ( ...