Jump to Main Content
- Szita, G.; Bernáth, S.; Szili, Zs.; Szita, J.; Hullár, I.; Erdősi, O.
- Acta alimentaria 2014 v.43 no.3 pp. 373-377
- Bacillus subtilis; agar; anti-infective agents; carbon; culture media; drug residues; foods; glucose; nitrogen; pyruvic acid; sodium
- ... A selective synthetic solid minimal medium (BS agar) was developed to detect antimicrobial drug-residues in foodstuffs using Bacillus subtilis indicator culture. This medium contains an ammonium salt as nitrogen source and either glucose or sodium pyruvate as carbon sources.Its selectivity is based on the fact that Bacillus subtilis is still able to grow if the minimal medium consist ...
- Benhanifia, M.; Shimomura, K.; Tsuchiya, I.; Inui, S.; Kumazawa, S.; Mohamed, W. M.; Boukraa, L.; Sakharkar, M. K.; Benbarek, H.
- Acta alimentaria 2014 v.43 no.3 pp. 482-488
- Bacillus cereus; Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; bacterial infections; chemical analysis; chemical composition; drug resistance; food industry; food preservatives; growth retardation; high performance liquid chromatography; propolis; Algeria
- ... The chemical analysis and antibacterial activity of propolis collected from some parts of Western Algeria were investigated. The ethanolic extracts of propolis (EEP) were evaluated for further investigation. The major constituents in EEP were identified by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) analysis. All EEP samples were active against Gram positive bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, B ...