Jump to Main Content
- Barakat, Mohamed N.; Saleh, Mohamed; Al-Doss, Abdullah A.; Moustafa, Khaled A.; Elshafei, Adel A.; Al-Qurainy, Fahed H.
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2015 v.66 no.1 pp. 93-102
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; cell membranes; cell senescence; chlorophyll; drought; drought tolerance; genetic distance; genetic traits; genotype; irrigation; leaves; microsatellite repeats; parents; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; water stress; wheat
- ... Segregating F4 families from the cross between drought sensitive (Yecora Rojo) and drought tolerant (Pavon 76) genotypes were made to identify SSR markers linked to leaf chlorophyll content, flag leaf senescence and cell membrane stability traits in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under water-stressed condition and to map quantitative trait locus (QTL) for the three physiological tr ...
- Cai, Jingtong; Zhang, Zhihui; Zhou, Zhuqing; Yang, Wenli; Liu, Yang; Mei, Fangzhu; Zhou, Guangsheng; Wang, Likai
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2015 v.66 no.1 pp. 66-79
- Triticum aestivum; apoptosis; flowering; fluorescence; fruits; in situ hybridization; messenger RNA; protein synthesis; sieve elements; transmission electron microscopy; vacuoles; wheat; zinc
- ... Metaphloem sieve elements (MSEs) in the developing caryopsis of Triticum aestivum L. undergo a unique type of programmed cell death (PCD); cell organelles gradually degrade with the MSE differentiation while mature sieve elements keep active. This study focuses on locating BEN1-LIKE protein and nuclear degradation in differentiating MSEs of wheat. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) show ...