Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Zhibing; Zeng, Jiangning; Chen, Jianfang; Chen, Quanzhen; Zhang, Dongsheng; Yan, Xiaojun
- Acta ecologica Sinica 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 37-45
- Trichodesmium; absorption; biogeochemical cycles; carbon dioxide; global warming; nitrogen fixation; nitrogen-fixing bacteria; oceans; population structure; primary productivity; China
- ... Trichodesmium spp. is probably the most important diazotroph in oligotrophic tropical and subtropical seas. Their N fixation relieves the restraining of N limitation to the marine primary production, and promotes the absorption of CO2. Therefore, their distribution and N fixation are paid more attention on the condition of global warming in recent years. We summarize the studies on Trichodesmium s ...
- Jiang, Yanbin; Liu, Xuehua; Song, Shanshan; Yu, Zhong; Shao, Xiaoming
- Acta ecologica Sinica 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 13-19
- Bryophyta; altitude; biogeochemical cycles; biogeography; canopy; conservation areas; correlation; correspondence analysis; deciduous forests; forest ecosystems; ground vegetation; mosses and liverworts; niches; phytomass; plant communities; shrubs; species diversity; trees; China
- ... Bryophytes, represented by mosses, liverworts, and hornworts, contribute substantially to forest ecosystems in terms of nutrient cycling, water retention, water availability, plant biomass, and plant community maintenance. Forests provide numerous types of habitat for bryophytes, especially the ground floor. To clarify the ground bryophyte diversity and distribution in broadleaved forests, we used ...