Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Yanbin; Liu, Xuehua; Song, Shanshan; Yu, Zhong; Shao, Xiaoming
- Acta ecologica Sinica 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 13-19
- Bryophyta; altitude; biogeochemical cycles; biogeography; canopy; conservation areas; correlation; correspondence analysis; deciduous forests; forest ecosystems; ground vegetation; mosses and liverworts; niches; phytomass; plant communities; shrubs; species diversity; trees; China
- ... Bryophytes, represented by mosses, liverworts, and hornworts, contribute substantially to forest ecosystems in terms of nutrient cycling, water retention, water availability, plant biomass, and plant community maintenance. Forests provide numerous types of habitat for bryophytes, especially the ground floor. To clarify the ground bryophyte diversity and distribution in broadleaved forests, we used ...
- Jia, Juan; Yu, Dapao; Zhou, Wangming; Zhou, Li; Bao, Ye; Meng, Yingying; Dai, Limin
- Acta ecologica Sinica 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 1-7
- Betula; Pinus koraiensis; altitude; carbon; correlation; forest ecosystems; forest types; microbial activity; microbial biomass; microorganisms; mineralization; mixed forests; regression analysis; soil aggregates; soil aggregation; soil organic carbon; soil properties; soil sampling; temperature; topographic slope; China
- ... Soil aggregation and soil organic carbon (SOC) mineralization are affected by soil properties, microbes and litter input, all of which vary with changes in temperature, precipitation and vegetations. In order to explore SOC dynamics in natural mature forest ecosystems, this study analyzed the variation of soil aggregates and SOC mineralization along an altitudinal gradient on Changbai Mountain in ...