Jump to Main Content
- Pathirana, R.; Mathew, L.; Jibran, R.; Hunter, D. A.; Morgan, E. R.
- Acta horticulturae 2019 no.1234 pp. 29-36
- grapes, etc ; Actinidia; Cucumber mosaic virus; Gentiana; Malus domestica; Pseudomonas syringae pv. actinidiae; Raspberry bushy dwarf virus; Rubus; Solanum tuberosum; Vitis vinifera; apples; bacteria; climate; clones; cryopreservation; cryosurgery; droplets; genetic variation; germplasm; germplasm conservation; horticultural crops; kiwifruit; potatoes; raspberries; storage time; virulent strains; viruses; vitrification; wild relatives; New Zealand; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... The New Zealand Institute for Plant & Food Research Limited holds thousands of accessions from over 100 cultivated plant species and their wild relatives. Many of these accessions are clonally propagated and held in the field, exposed to the vagaries of climate and biotic threats. The incursion of a highly virulent strain of Pseudomonas syringae pv. actinidiae in 2010 reduced the genetic diversity ...
- Rajasekharan, P. E.; Ganeshan, S.
- Acta horticulturae 2019 no.1234 pp. 47-56
- grapes, etc ; Allium cepa; Artocarpus heterophyllus; Capsicum; Carica papaya; Citrus; Dianthus caryophyllus; Gerbera; Gladiolus; Mangifera indica; Passiflora edulis; Phyllanthus emblica; Psidium guajava; Punica granatum; Rosa; Solanum lycopersicum; Solanum melongena; Syzygium cumini; Vitis; aluminum; cellophane; crossing; cryopreservation; cultivars; eggplants; endangered species; fruit crops; fruits; gelatin; gene pool; genetic variation; germination; guavas; horticulture; hybrids; jackfruits; males; mangoes; medicinal plants; onions; ornamental plants; papayas; paper; passion fruits; plant breeding; pollen; pollination; polyethylene; pomegranates; pouches; tomatoes; vegetable crops; viability; Show all 53 Subjects
- ... Cryopreserved pollen collections provide long-term security for wildflora, ornamentals, fruit and vegetable crops, medicinal herbs and endangered species. Technology has been developed for long-term cryopreservation of pollen in the form of nuclear genetic diversity (NGD) of mango, amla, pomegranate, jackfruit, guava, passion fruit, jamun, different species and cultivars of citrus, papaya (differe ...