Jump to Main Content
- M. Glowacz; J. Reade; J. Monaghan; L. Mogren
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1209 pp. 123-128
- antioxidants; ascorbic acid; carotenoids; flavonoids; fresh produce; high performance liquid chromatography; hot water treatment; human nutrition; leaves; nutritive value; spinach; storage temperature
- ... The concentration of antioxidants in fresh produce is important in terms of human nutrition. The main antioxidants, found in relatively high concentrations in leafy vegetables, are ascorbic acid (AsA), carotenoids and flavonoids. There is an increasing interest in finding ways to improve the nutritional quality of vegetables by increasing or maintaining antioxidant content during storage. This stu ...
- L. C. Deleuran; M. H. Olesen; N. Shetty; R. Gislum; B. Boelt
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1209 pp. 35-40
- Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis; cultivars; environmental factors; fresh produce; leaves; multispectral imagery; near-infrared spectroscopy; packaging; production technology; seed quality; seed testing; seeds; transportation; vegetable growing; viability; vigor; washing
- ... Seed is the most fundamental input in vegetable production on which the effectiveness of other inputs and outputs depends. If the seed is of poor quality, the use of other inputs is less successful and will occasionally be irrelevant. A definition of seed quality will depend upon the use for which the seed is intended. Viability, vigor, uniformity, purity and health of the seeds are quality parame ...