Jump to Main Content
- Nunez-Moreno, J. H.; Walworth, J.; Pond, A.; Kilby, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1217 pp. 103-110
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Carya illinoinensis; alternate bearing; boron; chlorophyll; copper; irrigation; leaves; mineral content; nitrogen; nitrogen content; orchards; pecans; trees; zinc; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Annual application of nitrogen (N) at rates of 118 (118N), 236 (236N), and 354 (354N) kg ha-1 were applied on 35-year-old 'Western' (= 'Western Schley') pecan trees (Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh.) K. Koch) to evaluate their effect on nut yield, growth and leaf mineral composition. The leaf N concentration was only affected by treatments in one season. The effect on mineral composition was minimal: ...
- Reid, K.; Fujino, D.; Oki, L.; Hartin, J.; Ingels, C.; Haver, D.; Baker, B.; Duenow, B.
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1215 pp. 175-180
- Southwestern United States, etc ; audits; best management practices; climatic zones; drought; ecosystem services; golf courses; guidelines; irrigation scheduling; irrigation systems; landscape management; landscapes; microclimate; organic mulches; parks; plant density; plant health; planting density; shrubs; turf grasses; universities; urban areas; wastes; water resources; California; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Urban landscapes in summer-dry climates face challenges to survival in the face of increasing water-use restrictions. Stringent regulations designed to reduce water use and waste have been established in much of the western/southwestern US due to ever-increasing populations and predictably cyclical droughts. To address this issue in California, the state Department of Water Resources collaborated ...