Jump to Main Content
- Meszaros, M.; Guedon, Y.; Krska, B.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 135-140
- Markov chain; apricots; branches; buds; cultivars; flowers; seedlings; shoots; vigor
- ... The nature of axillary production along shoots is one of the main factors influencing both vegetative and reproductive growth in apricot. This study aimed at analyzing the morphology and branching pattern of one-year-old shoots of 'Velkopavlovicka' cultivar in comparison with 'Bergeron'. 'Velkopavlovicka' is a classical, medium vigor, Czech cultivar which has naturally a spherical crown. In twelve ...
- Pallas, B.; Ngao, J.; Saudreau, M.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 27-34
- Malus domestica; Markov chain; adults; allometry; apples; branching; cultivars; demography; geometry; leaf area; model validation; models; orchards; phyllotaxy; shoots; topology; tree growth; trees
- ... Various models have been developed to predict tree growth and architecture over years, but few of them are capable of simulating 3D geometry development and shoot typology from a pre-existing crown geometry. In this study, we developed an approach for simulating 3D apple tree structure by combining 3D digitizing data with topological rules adapted from MappleT, an existing architectural model. In ...