Jump to Main Content
- Zouari, I.; Mezghani, A.; Labidi, F.; Ben Diab, A.; Attia, F.; Mechri, B.; Hammami, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 151-158
- Olea europaea; basins; boron; flowering; fruit set; magnesium; manganese; nitrogen; nutrition; phenology; pollen; pollen germination; pollination; sulfur; vegetative growth; viability; Tunisia
- ... Olive is a traditionally important crop grown extensively in the Mediterranean basin. Floral quality and effective pollination have a significant influence on fruit set and on final crop. In the present work, we studied the effect of foliar fertilization on floral phenology, flowering parameters, pollen viability, and in vitro pollen germination of Olive 'Chemlali' grown under rain-fed conditions ...
- Mezghani, A.; Laaribi, I.; Gaaliche, B.; Mars, M.; Gouta, H.; Zouari, I.; Labidi, F.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 91-98
- Olea europaea; branches; breeding programs; canopy; crossing; cultivars; early development; flowering; fruiting; juveniles; olive oil; seedlings; tree breeding; trees; vigor; Tunisia
- ... The prolonged length of the juvenile period is considered to be the main obstacle for any olive tree breeding program. The knowledge of the moment when the plant starts flowering is important for the breeding program. In Tunisia, a breeding program by controlled crosses of the olive oil cultivar 'Chemlali' was developed and of which some seedling plants began fruiting. Series of standard morpholog ...