Jump to Main Content
- Pallas, B.; Ngao, J.; Saudreau, M.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 27-34
- Malus domestica; Markov chain; adults; allometry; apples; branching; cultivars; demography; geometry; leaf area; model validation; models; orchards; phyllotaxy; shoots; topology; tree growth; trees
- ... Various models have been developed to predict tree growth and architecture over years, but few of them are capable of simulating 3D geometry development and shoot typology from a pre-existing crown geometry. In this study, we developed an approach for simulating 3D apple tree structure by combining 3D digitizing data with topological rules adapted from MappleT, an existing architectural model. In ...
- Lodolini, E. M.; Tarragoni, A.; Ciccolanti, T.; Massetani, F.; Pollastri, L.; Neri, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 119-126
- branching; climatic factors; cultivars; flowers; fruit set; olives; orchards; plant architecture; plant density; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... The increase of plant density in new olive orchard systems requires a deeper investigation about plant architecture to understand growth, branching pattern and yield and to select most suitable cultivars. The spatial arrangement of vegetative and reproductive structures helps to explain the fruiting attitude of the plant at different levels: the whole tree, the productive branch and the fruiting s ...