Jump to Main Content
- Pallas, B.; Ngao, J.; Saudreau, M.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 27-34
- Malus domestica; Markov chain; adults; allometry; apples; branching; cultivars; demography; geometry; leaf area; model validation; models; orchards; phyllotaxy; shoots; topology; tree growth; trees
- ... Various models have been developed to predict tree growth and architecture over years, but few of them are capable of simulating 3D geometry development and shoot typology from a pre-existing crown geometry. In this study, we developed an approach for simulating 3D apple tree structure by combining 3D digitizing data with topological rules adapted from MappleT, an existing architectural model. In ...
- DeJong, T. M.; Da Silva, D.; Negron, C.; Cieslak, M.; Prusinkiewicz, P.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 43-50
- almonds; branching; canopy; carbohydrates; carbon; fruit trees; models; mortality; orchards; peaches; plant organs; planting; pruning; shade; tree growth
- ... More than two decades of modelling research resulted in the L-PEACH model which used L-systems to simultaneously simulate the architectural development and carbohydrate dynamics (assimilation, transport, distribution, storage and remobilization) of growing peach trees. L-PEACH combined the supply/demand concepts of carbon allocation of a previous PEACH model with an L-systems model of tree archite ...